Tuesday 17 April 2012

Welcome to Africa!

 Tuesday, 04/17/2012


Hello everybody!

Welcome to my blogger profile! Hope you’re all doing well!

As you may know, I will be working for OneVoice South Africa as an online marketing intern for 5 months. I’m here for 2 weeks now and I’ve enjoyed every bit of it! I have another weblog but that one is in Dutch so here is the English version for all my international friends;) I will make sure to keep this weblog updated and I will upload the English versions of my previous posts. First I will give you some information about OneVoice South Africa and the activities that I will be doing for this organization. 

OneVoice South Africa (OVSA) is a vibrant and unique non-governmental organisation, which uses innovative and creative ways of actively engaging with young people on HIV and AIDS, and TB prevention. The programme is appealing to young people because it provides them with a platform to discuss and address HIV, AIDS and TB, sexual and reproductive health and rights, gender and human rights issues.
Mission
To promote meaningful participation of young people in making informed decisions about health and lifestyle, including sexual reproductive health within our communities; as well as expand target audience knowledge on TB and TB/HIV co-infection, and promote early detection.
Vision
A safe and creative environment where young people are part of the collective voice to develop positive lifestyles to develop positive lifestyles in the HIV and TB response.

My main jobs will be to create and update the possibilities for the website and social media (Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, LinkedIn, GivenGain) and create a marketing plan. It will be an important and difficult thing to find new sponsors and donators so it is a real challenge for me. I really hope to find a way to increase and develop the online fundraising tools and I might need your help some day!

Thank you for reading! My first African experiences will follow!

For more information about OneVoice click OneVoice South Africa website

No comments:

Post a Comment